This article is Icon of the Seas Delivered. It is about Royal Caribbean’s newest ship being delivered to the cruise line in a handoff ceremony in Turkey.
The featured image is from Royal Caribbean.
Icon of the Seas
Icon of the Seas is the world’s largest cruise ship. She boasts so many cruise firsts and features unique neighborhoods filled with fun for the whole family.
The ship features the unique forward bow section that offers higher efficiency at sea.
There is a legendary dome at the front of the ship for entertainment as well as special activities.
Icon of the Seas features the following neighborhoods which offer fun for all:
- Thrill Island – The largest waterpark at sea with six slides; Crown’s Edge which is a skywalk and ropes coarse 154 feet above the ocean, FlowRider, minigolf and fun places to eat and drink
- Chill Island featuring four of the seven pools onboard the ship, Cloud 17 the adults only area on the ship, an infinity edge Cove pool and even a swim up bar!
- Surfside – Family area with places to splash, play and enjoy some good food
- AquaDome – Tranquil oasis by day and vibrant hot spot at night, food hall, gourmet coffee drinks shop and more
- The Hideaway – Beach club with a suspended infinity pool, awesome sunset location and so much more
- Royal Promenade – The heartbeat of the ship featuring 15 restaurants, bars and lounges.
- Central Park – Open-air neighborhood with real plants along with places to eat and jazz bars.
- Suite neighborhood – The place to be for suite guests offering four decks, private restaurant and a Grove Suite Sun Deck.
With so many great neighborhoods, Icon of the seas offers something for everyone.
Icon of the Seas is officially owned by Royal Caribbean after the ceremony at Meyer Turku in Turku.
1,200 crew members were on hand at the ceremony as well as executives from Royal Caribbean and the shipbuilder.
This was an important milestone that happened after seven years of planning and 900 days of construction and design.
The delivery ceremony celebrates 50 years of innovation and dreaming at Royal Caribbean.
The ship is uses liquefied natural gas (LNG) for fuel.
Icon of the Seas is sailing to Spain for additional finishing touches.
The ship will debut in Miami in January, 2024.
I am excited to get to sail on Icon of the Seas in January. It should be an incredible experience.
Are you sailing on Icon?
Read more about the Delivery of Icon of the Seas in the Press Release from Royal Caribbean here.